Absences and Tardies
- Please send a written note or email when your child is absent from school (within 3 days of absence).
- If you choose to email, please email attendanceSHE@fultonschools.org for each day the child is sick. It is not necessary to send in a note if you have sent an email. Include the child’s name in the subject line. Copy the teacher on the email. Please continue to send absence notes to this email during remote learning.
- Please email Dr. Bearden (BeardenL@fultonschools.org) to have absences for trips pre-approved.
- Students are counted tardy if they are not in the classroom at 7:40 a.m.
- Students with excessive tardies or unexcused absences will be referred to Dr. Bearden.
- It is the student’s responsibility to request all make up work and to return it to teacher in the same number of days the student was absent.
Attendance during URL
- For your child to be marked “present” on Infinite Campus, he/she must do one or more of the following every day:
- participate in a synchronous (“live”) lesson, and/or
- make direct contact with teacher, and/or
- submit an assignment.
- 5th Grade Daily Expectation – We ask that all 5th graders meet daily in their homeroom Team for morning meeting at 7:50am.